The tides are changing

12291024_967735943319407_2459853164785293457_o

One day a woman called me a (low life) during an argument

Instead of retaliating with curses and obscenities

I simply said,”Well since you are way at the top

(using my right hand to demonstrate)

and I am way at the bottom

(using my other hand to show the difference)

There is ONLY one way for me to go

AND THAT IS UP!

there is only one way for you to go

AND THAT IS DOWN!

I will wave as we pass  each other by…

Comments

10 comments on “The tides are changing”
  1. trE says:

BOOM! Yes! There, it is! I love this!

Liked by 1 person

2. Aura Gael says:

Hahahah! Nice self control too not cursing her out. Ironically, her calling you a low life makes her the low life.

Liked by 1 person

3. Andrew says:

What a fantastic way of truly understanding a comment from someone else being judgemental!

Liked by 1 person

4. SonniQ says:

You tell ’em! Can I make a suggestion – because I wrestled with finding the right colors to show dialogue in the comments section. I can’t read them, they are too light. You should go into the color pallets until you find a combination that shows the typing. I had to play around with quite a few. The light violet color on responses doesn’t show printing. Also – that you for coming to Jamie’s blog. I think you read something very early in the blog. I am now in the first draft rewrite of a book I wrote on his story and some of the more recent posts have chapters. I also have a monthly newsletter that has different info in it than my blog posts have as I strive to create a mailing list for when the book is done. Because my mind is in editing mode, the top of your blog where you explain what you are doing? A woman is “who”. Things are “that”, a slight correction that would read better.

Liked by 1 person

1. Glenna says:

thanks for the advice

5. How clever of you to think of a retort on the spot! I usually come up w/ those in bed, about three days later (LOL). ❤

Liked by 1 person

1. Glenna says:

actually, it was round two or (seven) lol

Liked by 1 person